MTSU has finalized its tornado-siren testing schedule for the 2015-16 academic year.
MTSU tests its tornado sirens on campus and at the Miller Coliseum Complex each month to ensure proper operations. Each test lasts only a few moments, and no safety actions are required.
The MTSU Police Department conducts the monthly tests on alternating Tuesdays and Wednesdays to minimize distractions for classes and community neighbors. The university also notifies the campus and surrounding neighborhoods before these monthly tests.
The campus community can prepare for emergency weather situations anytime by checking MTSU’s list of “safe places” at bit.ly/MTSUSafePlaces.
Remember that, in the event of a weather emergency, MTSU students, faculty automatically receive a Rave alert at their MTSU email addresses. They can receive text and/or voice alerts too by visiting http://mtsunews.com/weather and using the “click here and log in” link to make those notification changes.
2015-16 Academic Year Schedule for Tornado-Siren Testing
- Tuesday, Aug. 11, 2015, 12:20 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 9, 2015, 11:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 13, 2015, 12:20 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2015, 11:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 8, 2015, 12:20 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2016, 11:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 9, 2016, 12:20 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 9, 2016, 11:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 12, 2016, 12:20 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 11:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, June 14, 2016, 12:20 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 13, 2016, 11:15 a.m.