MTSU has finalized its tornado-siren testing schedule for the 2016-17 academic year.
MTSU tests its tornado sirens on campus and at the Miller Coliseum Complex each month to ensure proper operations. Each test lasts only a few moments, and no safety actions are required.
The MTSU Police Department conducts the monthly tests on alternating Tuesdays and Wednesdays to minimize distractions for classes and community neighbors. The university also notifies the campus and surrounding neighborhoods before these monthly tests.
Members of the campus community can prepare for emergency weather situations anytime by checking MTSU’s list of recommended shelter locations at http://tinyurl.com/MTSUTornadoShelters.
Remember that, in the event of a weather emergency, MTSU students, faculty automatically receive a Rave alert at their MTSU email addresses. They can receive text and/or voice alerts too by visiting www.mtsunews.com/weather and using the “click here and log in” link to make those notification changes.
Classes for MTSU’s fall 2016 semester begin Monday, Aug. 22.
2016-17 Academic Year Schedule for Tornado-Siren Testing
- Tuesday, Aug. 9, 2016, 12:20 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2016, 11:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 11, 2016, 12:20 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 9, 2016, 11:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2016, 12:20 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 11, 2017, 11:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2017, 12:20 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 11:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 11, 2017, 12:20 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 11:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, June 13, 2017, 12:20 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 12, 2017, 11:15 a.m.