MTSU will be closed Thursday and Friday, Nov. 26-27, in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.
There also will be no classes Wednesday, Nov. 25, allowing students and faculty an extra day to enjoy the long holiday weekend and spend time with family and friends.
Fall semester classes will resume Monday, Nov. 30, at their regular times. All business offices will return to their normal 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. operating hours that day.
The last scheduled day of classes for the semester will be Wednesday, Dec. 2. Study day will be Thursday, Dec. 3.
Final exams will begin Friday, Dec. 4, and continue through Thursday, Dec. 10. Fall commencement will be held Saturday, Dec. 12.
Thanksgiving dinner for students remaining on campus will be served in the Scarlett Commons Clubhouse from 2 to 5 p.m. Nov. 26. The MTSU Parent and Family Association will provide the food, which will be catered by MT Dining/ARAMARK. The Housing and Residential Life staff will set up and serve the meal.
All other food venues will be closed that day.
Hours of operation for certain buildings Nov. 25 and during the holiday are:
- Student Union — Open 6 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Nov. 25; closed Nov. 26-28; and open 4-10 p.m. Nov. 29.
- James E. Walker Library — Open 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Nov. 25; closed Nov. 26-28; and open from 1 p.m. Nov. 29 to 2 a.m. Nov. 30.
- Campus Recreation Center — Facility hours will be 6 a.m.-5 p.m. Nov. 25. The Rec Center will be closed Nov. 26-29.
- Student Health Services — Open 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Nov. 25 and closed Nov. 26-27.
- Campus Pharmacy — Open 8-11:30 a.m. and 12:30-4 p.m. Nov. 25; closed Nov. 26-27.
ARAMARK/MT Dining venue holiday hours include:
- Nov. 25: McCallie Dining Hall will be open 7 a.m.-6 p.m.; Walker Library Starbucks, open 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m.; Chick-Fil-A open 7 a.m.-3 p.m.; and Subway open 10 a.m.-3 p.m. in Keathley University Center. Dunkin Donuts will be open 6:30 a.m.-4 p.m. and Popeye’s and Panda Express will be open 10 a.m.-4 p.m. in the Student Union.
- Nov. 27-28: McCallie Dining Hall will be open 10:30 a.m.-6 p.m. All other venues will be closed.
- Nov. 29: McCallie Dining Hall will be open 10:30 a.m.-7 p.m., and Walker Library Starbucks will be open 3 p.m.-1 a.m. Cyber Café Provisions on Demand and Subway will be open 4-10 p.m. The Student Union POD and Panda Express will be open 4-10 p.m., and Popeye’s will be open from 4-9 a.m. All other venues will be closed.
Venues and holiday hours are also posted at http://mtsu.campusdish.com.
— Randy Weiler (Randy.Weiler@mtsu.edu)