All MTSU master’s degree and doctoral students are welcome to attend Graduate Professional Development Day at MTSU.
Events will occur from 8:45 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. Saturday, April 22, in Room N119 of Cason-Kennedy Nursing Building, 610 Champion Way. To find the Nursing Building and nearby parking, visit http://tinyurl.com/MTSUParkingMap.
Seating is limited. To register, email email@example.com.
Hosted by the Graduate Student Association and sponsored by the College of Graduate Studies, the professional development day will feature presenters providing career insight, guided assistance with thesis and dissertations and CV/resume writing and how to connect with fellow alumni through the MTSU Alumni Association.
Presenters will include:
- Charles Apigian, chair of MTSU’s Department of Computer Information Systems and Nashville Technology Council leader, who’ll discuss “Job Opportunities in the Growing Nashville Market.”
- Janet McCormick, a professor in MTSU’s Department of Communication Studies and Organizational Communication, who’ll present “$tart $mart Workshop — Negotiating Your Salary and Benefits.”
- Jennifer Way, founder of Way Solutions and a personal career management expert and human resources consultant, who’ll discuss “Networking and Job Searching — Connecting Locally and Abroad.”
- Kia Jarmon, a Nashville entrepreneur and public relations and brand strategist and MEPR agency founder, who’ll present “Personal Branding — Discover and Manage Your Personal Brand.”
- Jeff Porter, a director in the MTSU Office of Research Services, who’ll discuss ways to competitively seek out and apply for grant funding in“External Grant Funding.”
Attendees will receive complimentary breakfast starting at 8:15 a.m. and lunch, organizers said.
— Randy Weiler (Randy.Weiler@mtsu.edu)