Presentations on accounting and financial reporting, auditing, taxation and ethics will highlight the upcoming sixth annual Department of Accounting CPE Day at Middle Tennessee State University.
The continuing education event will be held from 8 a.m. to 4:50 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 4, in the State Farm Lecture Hall on MTSU’s Business and Aerospace Building.
Participants can earn up to eight hours of continuing professional education, or CPE, credit. The cost is $175, which includes all seminars, materials and lunch.
The sessions and presenters include:
- “Tennessee Legislative Updates,” Jeff Foster, senior tax counsel, Tennessee Department of Revenue.
- “Tennessee-Specific Ethics,” Mark Crocker, executive director, Tennessee State Board of Accountancy.
- “FASB Update,” Dr. Stan Clark, associate professor of accounting.
- “Tax Update,” Dr. Denise Leggett, assistant professor of accounting.
- “Private Company Financial Reporting,” Chad Milom, partner, accounting and assurance department, Lattimore, Black, Morgan & Cain.
- “Excel Budgeting Techniques,” Dr. Tammy Bahmanziari, associate professor of accounting.
- “Revenue Recognition,” Dr. Jeannie Harrington, associate professor of accounting.
- “Budgeting for Small Businesses,” Monica Davis, accounting faculty.
- “Professional Skepticism,” Dr. Rebekah Heath, assistant professor of accounting, and Dr. Sandy Benson, interim chair, Department of Accounting, and associate professor of business law.
- “Taxes and The Affordable Care Act,” Dr. Tim Koski, professor of accounting.
- “Audit Update,” Bill Mooningham, accounting faculty.
To register or get more information, visit the Department of Accounting website at www.mtsu.edu/accounting or call the department at 615-898-5306.
The 24th annual Department of Accounting Alumni CPE Day at MTSU will held on Thursday, April 30, 2015.
— Jimmy Hart (firstname.lastname@example.org)