Register now for the seventh annual Department of Accounting CPE Day at Middle Tennessee State University set for Dec. 3.
The daylong series of seminars will run from 8 a.m. to 4:50 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 3, in the Business and Aerospace Building, State Farm Lecture Hall.
A parking map is available at http://tinyurl.com/MTSUParking2015-16. Off-campus visitors attending the event should obtain a special one-day permit from MTSU’s Office of Parking and Transportation at http://www.mtsu.edu/parking/visit.php.
Seminars include presentations on accounting and financial reporting, auditing, taxation, and ethics. Participants can earn up to eight hours of Continuing Professional Education, or CPE, credit. The cost is $175, which includes all seminars, materials and lunch.
The sessions and presenters include:
- FASB Update — Dr. Stan Clark, MTSU associate professor of accounting.
- Integrated Reporting — Dr. Jeannie Harrington, MTSU associate professor of accounting.
- Cost Segregation — John Scoble of Cost Segregation Services.
- Corporate Governance Presentations — Dr. Sandy Benson, MTSU associate professor of business law.
- Developing a Workplace Violence Prevention Plan — Dr. Susan Bradley, MTSU business law instructor.
- Tennessee-Specific Ethics — Don Mills, Tennessee State Board of Accountancy investigator.
- Tax Update — Lattimore, Black, Morgan & Cain representative.
- Audit Update — Bill Mooningham, MTSU accounting faculty.
- Taxes and the Affordable Care Act — Dr. Tim Koski, MTSU accounting professor.
- Communications in the Workplace — Dr. Janet McCormick, MTSU associate professor, Department of Communications Studies.
To register or get more information, visit the Department of Accounting website at www.mtsu.edu/accounting or call 615-898-5306.
Also, the 25th annual Department of Accounting Alumni CPE Day at MTSU will held on Thursday, April 28, 2016.
— Jimmy Hart (firstname.lastname@example.org)