The 25th annual Accounting Alumni Appreciation Day at Middle Tennessee State University will be held Thursday, April 28, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., in the State Farm Lecture Hall of the Business and Aerospace Building.
The event is targeted to those interested in accounting, taxation and computer training. The fee will be $125 for MTSU alumni and $175 for all others.
]Seating is limited, so participants should register early. To do so, visit www.mtsu.edu/accounting.
Net proceeds will be earmarked for accounting scholarships. Lunch will be provided at the Student Union Building. A searchable campus parking map is available at http://tinyurl.com/MTSUParkingMap.
Participants will earn eight hours of CPE credit and have the opportunity to visit with alumni and former professors and see how the campus configuration is changing.
The first speaker, Aaron Beam, the former CFO of HealthSouth, will present “The Ethics Playbook,” followed by Doug Tatum, chairman and CEO of the Co-Investment Partnership, a private equity co-investing fund, who will present a session based on his best-selling book, “No Man’s Land: Growing a Small Business and the Capital Requirements Thereof.”
There will also be a general session, titled “An Overview of the Securities and Exchange Commission and Avoiding Fraud,” presented by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Breakout session topics and leaders will include:
- “Big Data Analysis—Auditor’s Use of Big Data,” Dr. Tammy Bahmanziari, MTSU associate accounting professor.
- “Tennessee Business Court,” Dr. Lara Daniel, MTSU accounting professor and alumna.
- “Leases and Revenue Recognition,” Dr. Jeannie Harrington, MTSU associate accounting professor.
- “Tennessee-Specific Ethics,” Tennessee State Board of Accountancy representative.
- “Emotional Intelligence and the Accounting Firm,” Dr. Stephen Salter, MTSU accounting professor.
- “FASB Update,” Dr. Paula Thomas, MTSU accounting professor.
- “Excel Tips and Tricks,” Dr. Kelly Williams, MTSU assistant professor.
For more information, call the MTSU Department of Accounting at 615-898-5306.
— Jimmy Hart (email@example.com)